quarta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2013

3. Pain is part of life

Go through surgeries and chemotherapy sessions brought me much suffering. Chemotherapy is a hellish process, which left me bordering on insanity. It's absurd how the body and mind suffer with this medicine that was my salvation. Although it is difficult to remember and talk about the reactions that chemotherapy left me. When I finished the third and final session, every bad thought I should pass was over, but that was when I surprised myself and had to do the second surgery, which was a very difficult process. A cut of 26 points in the belly, overall. Recovery was slow, arduous and painful. With so much suffering physical and mental strain, what I learned is to accept that pain and discomfort are integral parts of life. Both the pain and the pleasure are fleeting and the whole existence spent oscillating between these two sides of life. Today I surrender before my own suffering and have respect for the sacred function that pain has on nature, both the physical and emotional pain. There is to experience the pain and learn to deal with it. There is no escape route or alternate analgesic that address. With this I found that the pain and sadness lead me to a depth of my being that joy and pleasure are not able to take. The suffering and anguish of treatment made ​​me know the darker side of nature. And it was only after looking at this dark side that I could see better the color of life.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário