quarta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2013

4. Love is simple

 The first surgery had to do was quiet. To remove the affected testicle, they make a cut in the pelvis of about 10cm. Recovery was easy and I do not remember much difficulty. Performed 26 days after surgery, I started chemotherapy. The chemo was definitely the hardest part of my treatment. It's a long, boring, depressing, sickening. The person who helped me most during chemo was my girlfriend. Her presence calmed me and soothed my suffering. If you observe nature, you will see that living beings are endowed with an autonomous system that guarantees the search for satisfaction of all basic needs. One example that really struck me are the monkeys, when they begin to feel an earthquake will happen and come together in the trees are silent, next to each other, waiting for the earth to tremble. Do not have much to do, so the latter is becoming close to each other, to reduce the fear, the feeling of weakness and aloneness. During treatment I was dating and having my girlfriend around during difficult times made my way lighter. I needed someone who could see me and accept the situation that I was unwittingly save me or change my situation. I was extremely boring, angry and depressed during the worst days of chemotherapy. I only had eyes for death, my love of life disappeared completely. But I knew I could count on her, she'd be on my side. I could not talk much, so we exchanged looks and we were holding hands, I lay in bed and she sat in the next chair, and there our love flowed. She did not want to tear my suffering, I make sure I look good or everything would just say that, but give your heart, your look at my reality, and that his presence was enough. When I needed to cry, cried, and she did not try to stop me, however, said: "Cry all you need." I found that love is something extremely simple, love is the ability to be present with an open heart to another being who you see as special. I'm a guy so happy to have had this special and loving woman by my side when I needed it. My journey would have been more difficult and lonely if I did not have as a companion. I will be forever grateful.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário